Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If It's a Choice, Why Choose Unhealthy Relationships?

1 John 1:7 But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin.

I found that over the years, I didn't always choose people that walk in the light. Some of my so-called relationships were with people who didn't respect me and betrayed me or took advantage of me. These are some of the things that Christ allowed me to become aware of when I was reading the Bible everyday, prior to and during the 80 pound weight loss. 

When it's a choice, why choose unhealthy relationships? That's a good question and Christ wanted me to prayerfully ponder this. Although I was reluctant to admit that I had anything to do with choosing these unhealthy relationships, I found out otherwise. Often, it had to do with not respecting myself and not having enough self-worth that led to me ignoring or rationalizing inappropriate or less than healthy interactions. I remember hearing a saying one time: You have to lay down in order to let people walk all over you like a welcome mat.

I realized that I had contributed to these people treating me poorly. I turned my counterproductive tendencies over to Christ's very capable hands in the same way that I had turned my food, my body, and my eating over to Him. He has healed these negative tendencies and I have been blessed with lasting healthy relationships. I am very blessed!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: