Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Was Overwhelmed by the Whistling and Cat Calls

 1 Corinthians 7:2 Nevertheless, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband. 

On times prior to Christ allowing me to loose the 80 pounds, I had gone on lots of different diets over the years. There were a few diets that seemed to be more productive than others, in that I had lost enough weight that it was noticeable. 

All of a sudden, I had men whistling at me and I was getting cat calls. I didn't like all of this attention, but I was also somewhat flattered by it. I didn't want to do anything to threaten my marriage, nor did I like that I had felt flattered by the attention of others.

I found that the easiest way to deal all of this was to avoid it all together! I sat down and ate, and ate, and ate until I gained every last pound back and then some! I didn't feel guilty anymore, but then I had all the excess weight to contend with, but it felt more comfortable than dealing with the attention of others!

It wasn't until Christ gave me so many personal life lessons as He allowed the 80 pound weight loss, that I realized that I hadn't done anything to encourage the whistles or cat calls. God needed me to come to terms with this for the weight loss He was accomplishing in my body. It was through reading the Bible on a daily basis, that those life lessons became much more significant as I applied the Bible passages to my own life. The more that I read, the closer I felt to Christ, and the more He allowed me to be willing to turn my compulsive overeating into His very capable hands. If He would allow me to keep the vast majority of the weight off for over 30 years, He can do it for you, too, if you let Him!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: