Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hiding Behind the Fat

James 5:20 Let him know, that he which converteth the sinner from the error of his way shall save a soul from death, and shall hide a multitude of sins.

It isn't that being fat is a sin, it's what I did that was sinful. I let my overeating get in the way of being what Christ wanted of me. I didn't get as involved in my kid's activities at their schools and other organizations, because I was embarrassed about being heavy.

I didn't make friendships easily and was more aloof, because I figured people wouldn't like me, since I was heavy. They might not have had any problem with my weight, but I didn't allow them a chance. I didn't want to be rejected, so I rejected them first. 

I didn't want to go to church, because I didn't want others to see how overweight I had become. I was allowing my weight and my negative self-perception to keep me from being the Christian God wants me to be, the mother,  wife and friend that He wanted of me. I didn't realized how much I had missed out on, because I was too busy hiding behind the fat!

Fortunately for me, Christ didn't give up on me, although I had given up on myself. After lots of personal lessons like this one, He allowed an 80 pound weight loss, when I turned my food, body, eating and control over to His very capable hands. Christ can do the same for you, too!!!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: