Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Does a Turtle Have to Do With My Weight?

1 Peter 4: 10 As every man hath received the gift, even so minister the same one to another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 11 If any man speak, let him speak as the oracles of God; if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

Well, that's a good question. When I was in seventh grade, I had a small turtle. My mother and I heard that you shouldn't have them around younger children, because they can get Samonella if they don't wash their hands after sticking their hands in the turtle's water. Since I had younger cousins, we decided it was best to give it away.

I came up with the bright idea to give it to one of the students in my homeroom class. There were two students that wanted to the turtle. There was the more scholarly boy who would have taken the best care of the turtle and there was the classroom hunk who might have done a good job, but I was uncertain. After very little deliberation, I decided to give the turtle to the classroom hunk, mainly because I thought I could get in good with him, which actually didn't happen.

I sold out my ethics for the possibility of popularity and affection. I didn't choose what I knew was probably the best choice for the turtle. I had self-serving motives. Well, in some stretch of this, it ties in with this part of the Bible passage:  if any man minister, let him do it as of the ability which God giveth: that God in all things may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom be praise and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.

I have found that Christ uses my weaknesses to bring others to know Him as their Lord and Savior. He uses the times that I have had self-serving motives to show how even someone as sinful as me can turn my life over to Christ's very capable hands and He can heal me of my wounds, my fears, and my weight problems. He doesn't just do it for me, but Christ can do for you, as well. He has allowed the vast majority of 80 pounds to stay off for over 30 years. That is, primarily by turning my control, food, and eating over to Christ and listening to the life lessons He has for me through my past and my present, to become the Christian He wants for my future with Him!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: