Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Started this Vice at a Young Age

For meat destroy not the work of God. All things indeed are pure; but it is evil for that man who eateth with offence.  Romans 14:20

Well, I didn't just wake up one day and was 80 pounds overweight. My vice started at a very early age. I remember peeking in the kitchen window when I was about five and saw a big bowl of my mother's homemade butterscotch pudding sitting on the kitchen table. I tip toed into the kitchen and ran my finger across the top of the pudding. It was good, but there were consequences for being a pudding thief. If I had known better at five, I would have realized that I was showing signs of being an compulsive overeater when all I could think was, "If I had known they would throw the pudding out after I ate out of the bowl, I would have eaten a lot more!" 

I got lots of praise for cleaning my plate, so I figured that I would get even more praise if I ate two whole plates. At seven, I would get two ice milk cones for the dime instead of one real ice cream cone. I thought more was better and this type of thinking has been intertwined throughout my life.  I talked my little brother out of the money in his piggy bank, so that he would buy ME candy at the movie theater. The stories go on and on...

Food had controlled my life in one way or another. If I wasn't overeating, I was thinking of eating or planning for when I would be thinner. Food had become a false god in my life, because I turned to it for consolation in times of stress, loneliness, and fear instead of turning to Christ. It wasn't until one day when I finally gave up, because I couldn't loose weight on my "Good Diet" when I told God that I gave up! I told Him that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't.  You know what? He did just that. I didn't do anything particular, just turn my food, body, eating, and my willingness to turn them over into Christ's very capable hands each and every day. I can't say I don't ever slip, but Christ picks me up and refocuses me, if I let Him. He has allowed the vast majority of the 80 pounds of weight to stay off for over 30 years and He can do the same for you!

Since I am applying these Bible Verses to my life, it may not convey the whole meaning of the verses. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: