Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If You Let Him!!!!!

Acts 26: 17 Delivering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, unto whom I now send thee. 18 To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in Me.

I felt compelled to write about the significance of this Bible passage. I'm not sure what I'm supposed to write, but am being prayerful. Somehow, I'm feeling that all the self-loathing that I had when I was compulsively eating was the the darkness that Satan had and utilized in my life all those years. I wasn't as kind to my family as God would want me to be, because I was too immersed in feeling terrible about myself and my weight to be as supportive to my family and friends as I should have been. Most things were viewed as a cup half empty, which reflects of the negativity that Satan played in my life. Also, I didn't go to church as often, because I was embarrassed about not having clothes that could hide all my excess weight. I felt people were judging me because of my weight and so I isolated myself from them and from being in close relationship with Christ, although I thought I had a good relationship with Him.

Then, one day after trying bajillions of diets, I gave up! I told God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't! I think that probably must have been the first time that I turned over control in my life to Christ. It was that very same day that I no longer had the desire to eat huge amounts of foods, sweets, and carbohydrates. I hadn't planned that. It was Christ who changed my attitude toward food. It was Christ who was showing me the light in the midst of all the darkness that Satan had caused in my life.

I feel Christ wants me to share that He can change your life to and bring you out of the darkness and into the light. That's the most important whether or not you are willing to turn your food, body and eating into His very capable hands. Hopefully, when you are letting Christ's light shine through all the darkness that Satan has in your life, you will be willing to put your food, body, and eating into His hands, as well. I'm here to tell you that if He can do that for me, He can do the same for you, if you let Him!!!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: