Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Has the Darkness Blinded My Eyes?

1 John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not wither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

Of course, I'm not talking of the literal meaning of blinding my eyes, but am I not focusing on the things that Christ is trying to show me? I've been trying to lose 10 of the 20 last pounds that I had regained over the last 7-10 years. I never was concerned about it much, because I chalked it off to gaining some weight as I aged. I recently re-read about how losing just 10 pounds will make a major difference on joint pain. Since I broke my heel, my opposite hip and knee sometimes bother me, so I thought a 10 pound weight loss might make a difference.

Well, the weight didn't come off as easily as I thought it would. It's made me realize that I may not be focusing on all that Christ wants me to focus on. Maybe it's that I've just been eye-balling my portion sizes and not being honest with what they really are. Maybe, it's that I'm just rambling through my prayers when I ask God to control my food, body, eating, and stress.

Whatever it is, I am prayerful Christ will enlighten me and take the blinders away that hinder my relationship with Him!!!! I no longer want to walk in darkness!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: