Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Observing My Actions More

John 15:9 As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.

Christ blessed me by allowing the loss of 80+ pounds and keeping the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. I've gained back around 20 pounds that I've toyed around with the last 7-10 years, but chalked it off as aging, which it may be. My hip and my knee have bothered me at times, since I broke my heel on the opposite foot. I read somewhere that if you lose just 10 pounds it will make a different in joint pain.

I tried to lose the 10 pounds, but it didn't seem to come off when I thought it should. If you notice, I said I tried, which means I'm back to playing God again and trying to do it instead of putting my weight, eating, and stress into Christ's very capable hands! It wasn't until I did that, God allowed the 80+ weight loss. 

Realizing this, I've been trying to become more aware of some of the bad habits I've let slip into my eating pattern. I observed that I was snacking more at night. Sure, it was healthy stuff, but it was still snacking. I wasn't playing close attention to how many of what I call "breads" I was eating, and the list goes on. I need to not be so sloppy in my food plan and first and foremost, my relationship with my Savior. I can keep on observing, but if I don't turn my life and my focus to my Savior, it's all for nothing!!!! 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: