Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I've Been Having a Hard Time Forgiving People Lately

Luke 17: 3 Take heed to yourselves: If thy brother trespass against thee, rebuke him; and if he repent, forgive him. 4 And if he trespass against thee seven times in a day, and seven times in a day turn again to thee, saying, I repent; thou shalt forgive him. 

I realize that I've been having a hard time forgiving people lately. I think it all ties into my becoming complacent with my prayers and my relationship with my Savior. I recently had a difficult time with someone who wrongly accused me of something. I should have been able to let it go, because I knew that person was under an extreme amount of stress and let it guide their actions instead of using reason.

Also, someone hurt me accidentally recently, but I couldn't accept their apology, because they had a grin on their face from ear to ear. I guess the injury may have seemed funny to them, like when you giggle when someone slips in a puddle. It hurt and didn't feel very funny and that person had no sense of remorse. I wasn't being the bigger person to just let the issue go-I refused to accept their apology until it appeared to be sincere. Actually, the person bit their lip, so that they stop smiling and apologized and I accepted, but why did it matter so much?

Sure, Christ allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. I did gain back about 20 pounds, but that really didn't bother me much, because I figured it was due to getting older. Satan uses our weakness to get leverage in our lives and although I have the same 20 pounds to contend with, my actions and how I'm responding to others isn't indicative of my Christian faith. I need to turn my life and my focus over to Christ's impeccable  care and trust Him to heal me and break any strongholds that Satan may have in my life! 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: