Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sometimes I Feel Like I Cause God Grief, but Is that True?

Revelation 4: 11 Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for Thou hast created all things, and for Thy pleasure they are and were created. 

Sometimes, I feel like I cause God grief, because I get too self-absorbed or too fearful to move in the direction He wants, but is that true? Despite the many times I have backslid with my eating after He allowed an 80+ pound weight loss and keeping the vast majority of it off for over 30 years, He is right there refocusing me.

I seem to do some really stupid things some time, where you would think Jesus would turn His back on me, but does He do that? He never does. He is always there, quick to forgive me when I ask Him and willing to aim me in the right direction.

I am sometimes, hateful and rude to others, although I think that I am a very polite, sensitive person. I, too, am capable of treating Christ that way, because I put His requests on back burner until I let go of my superior attitude and focus on His will for me. Although I've given Christ a bajillion reasons to turn His back on me, He never does. God created you and me, and for His pleasure we were created. We are so very blessed to have such a loving and forgiving Savior!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: