Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Something Special I Did

2 Corinthians 4: 5For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; and ourselves your servants for Jesus’ sake. 6 For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

I want viewers to know, I am not here to tell you my 80+ weight loss and it's staying off for over 30 years is because of me or something I did. For we preach not ourselves, but Christ Jesus the Lord; It was more that God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.  The darkness in this situation was all the negativity and self-loathing I let Satan cultivate in my life. His cultivation did not produce flowers, but weeds in my life that strangled that life and my relationship with Christ and my family. My thoughts and actions were so clouded by this self-loathing and negativity and couldn't see that God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, 

Then, one day after trying loads of different diets only to gain more back afterward, I gave up! I told God that I was giving up and that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't. It was then that God's light shown through in a way that had never existed in my relationship with Him before. He took my desire to eat large amounts of food, sugary things and excessive carbohydrates away. It was just gone that very same day and I know it came from God. I think it was because I had always tried to be in control in my life and my eating asking God to help me solve a problem, to help me lose the weight.  I hadn't, to that point, asked Him to be in charge of these issues. I have no idea why not, because He immediately made so many changes in my life, in my perceptions of things.

It was like God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts,  I didn't feel so negative. I was open to the many lessons God had to show me about how eating, food and the desire to be thin had been in control of my life. I turned to food to console me when I was stressed rather than turn to Christ to console me, but after this, it was all different. Christ was the One I yearned for, not food. I didn't worry about becoming thin, because I trusted it was all in Christ's very capable hands. My focus was no longer on worldly things, but was on the Lord and the lessons He had for me. These lessons weren't always easy, because it's hard to find out that you are responsible for causing the pain in your life and sometimes the lives of those you care for. The more I was willing to listen, the more Christ healed my aching soul and freed me from the obsessions of food and weight. I have been very blessed, but He can bless each and everyone of you if you'd turn the control in your lives over to Christ's very capable hands!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: