Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

When I Can't Love Myself, It's Hard to Love Others

1 Peter 1: 22 Seeing ye have purified your souls in obeying the truth through the brethren, see that ye love one another with a pure heart fervently.

Right now, I'm about 20 pounds over my ultimate goal. This amount of extra weight hasn't bothered me much over the years, but it is now. That's because I have a hip and a knee that occasionally hurt since I broke my heel. I had read that losing ten pounds should help alleviate this discomfort, so it seems that I'm more focused on the weight that I have been in a while.

I'm walking most days to better develop my gait after my injury, but that hasn't made much of a change in my body weight. I am trying to make sure my prayers are more focused on turning my food, my body, my eating, and stress over to Christ's very capable hands, because He alone allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. 

I realize that I've gotten too complacent with my prayers each day and before I eat. I'm rambling through them without really paying attention to what I'm saying. I have to also realize that I am more argumentative with others these days. It's not that I start arguments, but it seems like I am quick to respond when I feel that someone's been disrespectful rather than just realizing they've had a hard day. It brings me back to the topic, When I can't love myself, It's hard to love others. That means I need to go back to the basics. I need to turn all aspects of my life over. I've let my prayer life become too routine. I need to be an example to others of how Christ works in my life rather than being reactive to other people's moods. I have so much that I need to turn over, but I know Christ can do it. He's done it before and fortunately for me, He's very forgiving and will be by my side if I ask Him and I'm open to doing His will in my life!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: