Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Do I Bear Enough Fruit?

John 15: 8 Herein is My Father glorified, that ye bear much fruit; so shall ye be My disciples. 9 As the Father hath loved Me, so have I loved you: continue ye in My love.

Although I don't exactly ask it this way, I periodically ask myself if I'm bearing enough fruit for Christ? After all, He allowed the loss of over 80 pounds and has kept the vast amount of that weight off for the last 30 years. He's done so much for me, but am I doing enough for Him?

Well, that's a really tricky question to answer. I have 13 different blogs I felt led to write, 12 of them are Christian blogs, but am I using this as something to appease my concerns? Possibly! God has done so much for me and, as I said, I wonder if I should be doing much more and what?

I guess I just have to keep my heart open to doing Christ's will and see where He leads me. In the mean time, I keep trying to share through these blog posts about the miraculous changes He has had in my life, beyond my weight loss. He calms my fears and concerns, because He's shown me so many times that if I lean on Him, He'll get me through even the worst of issues. Of course, that doesn't mean these issues or concerns will be resolved the way I would prefer, but in trusting Christ, I know that He will be with me throughout these, regardless of the outcome. That's pretty amazing if you ask me! So, when I'm not slacking off with my relationship with Christ, I turn that worry and stress over to His very capable hands and feel the calmness that only He can give.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: