Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

They Don't Listen to the Important Part

Matthew 5: 15Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house. 16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. 

It seems when people find out that I used to weigh well over 200 pounds and have been thinner for over 30 years, they don't listen to the important part. They don't hear that it was not of anything I did in and of myself. It only happened one day when I gave up after trying so many different diets it would make your head spin. It only happened when I sat down in frustration and told God that I give up and that if He wanted me thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't.

The ironic part in all of this is that I wasn't asking God to make me thin, I had done that for years and years and years. I was just telling Him that I was giving up. The miraculous thing was that in that were same day, my whole life turned around. After giving up and turning control over to God, something I hadn't realized I did, He ran with it. Christ showed me so many lessons about how food and the hope of a thin body had become too important in my life. 
He showed me that food had become a false god in my life, because I was turning to food to console me when I was stressed, concerned, worried, etc. After His showing me this, I started praying and turning the stress, concerns and worries over into Christ's very capable hands.

Once I started doing that and turning my food, body, and eating over into His hands as well, He allowed a weight loss of over 80 pounds. Over the years, I gained back about 20 of those pounds that I've been playing around with for years, but the vast majority of the weight loss has stayed off for over 30 years, but it is all due to putting it in Christ's very capable hands-that's the important part!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: