Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Did I Get Too Caught Up In My Pride?

Galatians 5: 26 Let us not be desirous of vain glory, provoking one another, envying one another.

Yes, Christ did allow the loss of 80+ pounds and the vast majority of it stayed off for over 30 years, but did I let it go to my head?m I'm really not sure of how to answer that, but since I've been kinds of wishy washy with my prayer life and my relationship with my Savior, I have to wonder.

Did I take credit for the miracle that Jesus did in my life and body? I thought I always tried to share that it was turning my life, my food, my eating and stress into Christ's very capable hands is was was at the root of that miracle. 

Still, maybe, my complacence in rambling through my daily prayers, is a sign that I was taking that miracle for granted, which is something I don't ever want to do. Sure, I stand to gain all the weight back, but that's not the worst part. When I started turning over everything to Christ, my life was at peace. When things that would happen of concern, I knew Christ was right there with me and would be there through the whole thing.  The fear of losing that peace that Christ has given me in my life this last 30+ years scares me more than gain all my weight back. I need to be prayerful about not letting my pride or anything else work a wedge in my relationship with Christ.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: