Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Maybe I'm not Putting Enough Effort into Sharing My Faith With Others

Philippians 2: 3 Let nothing be done through strife or vain glory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves.4 Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.

When I just read this verse, it made me wonder if I'm not sharing my faith in the ways that Christ wants. Sure, I have written 12 Christian blogs that I felt led to share with others, but is that enough? It can be very easy for me to settle back and feel like that fulfills my commitment for sharing my faith.

I already know that I haven't been very successful at approaching people to share my faith. Their eyes get wide and I can see them trying to quickly take steps backward. I figured that wasn't the gift that God had blessed me with. I just figured that writing the blog posts of how He allowed an 80+ weight loss and kept the majority of it off for over 30 years was maybe my niche. Maybe it isn't supposed to that I decide that it's my niche or that it's enough. Maybe, Christ wants something more of me that I'm ignoring or avoiding.

All I know is that Christ doesn't give up easily on us. You know that, because He was willing to be born a man and give His life for our sins, so believers could one day have life with Him in heaven! If He would do all of that for us sinners, then I'm sure He will show me again what He wants me to do on His behalf.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: