Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Deluded Myself...


But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.  Matthew 9:13
 
Boy, I really deluded myself this time! I looked up the meaning of deluded to make sure I was using it correctly. It's hard to take the teacher out of the blogger! It means to cause someone to believe something that's not true. That's exactly it! I lead myself to believe that both my food program and my eating were currently aligned with what Christ wants for me.

Christ allowed me to have a weight loss of over 80 pounds and to keep the vast majority of it off for 30+ years. In that time, He showed me that food had become a false god in my life. I was turning to food in times of stress instead of turning to my Lord and Savior.  Through this, I stopped weighing myself, because I gave too much power to the scale. It told me if I was "good" or if I was "bad", if I was going to be"happy" or "sad." Instead, if my pants started getting snug on me, it told me that I was getting sloppy with my eating program, which also meant that I was getting sloppy with my relationship with Jesus. 

I had been ten pounds from my goal weight for several years, but didn't worry about it. Since my pants had gotten snug to the point I thought my pants zipper might break open in public, I decided it was time to weigh myself. Was I ever surprised! I had gained about 13 pounds along with the 10 pounds I already had. Now, I had 23 pounds pounds and couldn't delude myself any longer! The worst part of this, more than the weight gain, is finding out that my relationship with Christ was sloppy and I hadn't realized it. Since He showed me this, I've been trying to see where I went off-track. I will share these in the next few posts or so. I am so glad Jesus was sent to save the sinners, because I sure am one and am so grateful for all He does for me.
But go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy, and not sacrifice: for I am not come to call the righteous, but sinners to repentance.  Matthew 9:13

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: