Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Choosing a Facsimile Instead of the Real Thing!

 1 John 4: 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God. 

My church decided to show video of the minister on the wall, while he is speaking to the congregation. They said that it makes it easier for them to video tape his services to put on the internet for those who cannot attend church for one reason or another. That's great, because it allows the home-bound or vacationing to view these.

I found that looking at the wall was much easier than watching the minister as he spoke. There seemed to be nothing wrong with this until one day Christ had it pop into my head that I was choosing a facsimile over the real thing and this would make a significant post topic.

The importance of this is multifaceted. On a personal level, I regret that I've turned to food to satisfy me when I was stressed rather than turning to my Lord and Savior. The thing is, no amount of food can comfort my stress like Jesus can.

On another level, there are people who turn to quasi-minister types who sound like their message is from the Bible, but they take the verses out of context to support whatever personal agenda they are promoting. Both the quasi-minister and the Bible message taken out of context are both facsimiles for the real thing.

I've read some blog posts from others about something called "Progressive Christianity" where people can pick and choose which Christian concepts sound good to them and ignore the rest.  Some share a focus on "feel good" messages which are counterproductive to the message that God has for us within the Bible. To read more about how "Progressive Christianity" undermines the Christian faith, consider reading about this topic at: Alisa Childer's blog.

Sometimes, people focus on the minister or leaders of the church or TV Evangelists and idolize them instead of focusing on God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit,  which makes the minister or leaders of the church a facsimile or false god. We need to make sure that we are not choosing facsimiles over a faith in God the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit...our salvation depends on it!
 1 John 4: 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: