Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not as Patient as I Should Be

Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Romans 12:12

This Bible verse says that I should be patient in tribulation, but am I? I am definitely not as patient as I should be. I recently found out that I had gained 13 pounds back in addition to 10 pounds I had been toying with for years. I could put blinders on to ignore the excess weight until almost all of my capris barely zipped up. It had gotten to the point I could no longer ignore it.

I had taken for granted the gift Christ gave me 30+ years ago when I prayed, "God, if you ever want me to lose the weight, you'll have to do it, because I can't." I had prayed for years for God to help me to lose weight, but I guess that I hadn't completely given up control and turned it over to my Savior's capable hands. It was that very day that I no longer craved sweets, excessive carbs, and large amounts of food.

I'm sad that I had gotten sloppy with my eating program and my relationship with Christ. I've turned my food, body, and eating over to Christ. I used to do that every day, but had been forgetting to do it on a regular basis. Although I forgot about Christ, He never forgot about me. You would think I would be more thankful, but I find myself not being patient in this tribulation. I keep expecting my  pants to fit immediately. Every time I put on a tight pair, it reminds me of how I've taken too much for granted. Maybe, that reminder is exactly what I need!!! Rejoicing in hope; patient in tribulation; continuing instant in prayer; Romans 12:12

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: