Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Not Enduring Food Temptations

Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him. James 1: 12

Well, this passage talks about those who endure temptation, but I did a horrible job of it. I knew that different pairs of my pants barely fit these days,  but I still chose to get a Stromboli when we went out to dinner to celebrate my husband's birthday.

Now, did I have other options? You bet. I had decided that I was going to order the Stromboli without even looking at any of the potentially healthier choices on the menu. Did I forget that I had recently eaten at 2 different buffets, the week before. I didn't forget, but chose not to focus on it when I ate the Stromboli.

It was the day after I ate the Stromboli that I finally got on the scale to weigh. I had given up on using the scale, because I had the tendency to let it tell me how to feel about myself. My general rule of thumb when Christ took my urge to eat sweets and large amounts of food away was to let my pants be my guide. Was I doing that? No, my pants had been tight for a month or so, before I finally had gotten on the scale. I made all types of excuses like: I was just bloated, was constipated, etc. I deluded myself into thinking I hadn't been gaining weight from being sloppy with my food program and my relationship with Christ. Fortunately for me, Jesus has shown me that I haven't been enduring temptation and need to turn these over into His capable hands if I let Him. Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when he is tried, he shall receive the crown of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that love Him. James 1: 12

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: