Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Don't Have to Keep Back Sliding

 For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 3:8

 This Bible verse is very appropriate. I don't have to keep back sliding. Yes, I gained 13 pounds in addition to the 10 I have been toying with for the last few years. That doesn't mean that since I got off track, I have to stay there.

It was Christ who allowed the loss of 80 pounds over 30 years ago and allowed the vast majority of it to stay off all these years. If I stand fast in the Lord and focus on His will in my life, body, and eating, I feel confident that He will heal them. It's only when I get to thinking that "I can do it", things go down the tubes.

It's when I stand fast in the Lord, not focusing on what I think "I can do," my life has this overwhelming sense of calm, even in the midst of devastating issues and stress. I don't have to worry about the weight, just stand fast in the Lord and listen to the lessons He has for me. One of the biggest lessons was when He showed me 30+ years ago that food had become a false god in my life, because I had been turning to it for comfort instead of turning to Christ.  For now we live, if ye stand fast in the Lord. 1 Thessalonians 3:8



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: