Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

One Bad Choice After Another

And not only, so but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; Romans 5:3

We were out of town to celebrate family birthdays. During that time, I arranged for us to eat at 2 different buffets, my personal downfall. That's not to mention the family gathering pizza party I arranged. You would think that would be enough, but then I went to a Chinese buffet this week with other family. You would think I would have learned. It seems that I have been making one bad choice after another!

Fortunately for me, Jesus doesn't give up on me or you easily. He keeps showing me and trying to redirect me, hoping I listen to His guidance on how to live a healthier life. On the flip side, Satan tries to dangle those things that tempt us, so that it might work a wedge between us and our Savior.

I know 30+ years ago, before I turned my food, body, and eating over into Christ's capable hands, I wouldn't go to church as often, because I was embarrassed in my clothes. I was cranky with my family and those I cared about, because I was so unhappy about my weight. These things kept me from being the person Christ wanted me to be. When I gave up and told "God that if You ever wanted me to be thin, You'll have to do it, because I can't," everything started falling into place. My cravings for sweets, large amounts of food, and carbs left that same day. I'm trying to turn these over to Christ, instead of taking Him and His gift for granted. And not only, so but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience; Romans 5:3

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: