Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Trying to Pay Attention

Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou are made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. John 5:14

After Christ's allowing me to loose 80 pounds and keep the vast majority of the weight off for over 30 years, I was very surprised to find I had gained 13 pounds in addition to the 10 I had gained back years ago. My pants were getting very tight, which was my cue that my eating must be off. After lots of prayerful consideration, I tried to be open to the lessons that Christ had for me about this.

We were out of town a week ago to celebrate family birthdays. We went to a Chinese buffet the first night we were there. It's really difficult for me to remember exactly what I ate that night, but I remember being extra hungry from the long trip there. I thought I had done well in preparing an almond butter sandwich on light bread for the way there. I must have been feeling smug, because I remember getting a whole bowl of cherries when a small handful would have sufficed. 

Well, that prideful, smug feeling is a personal pride that is counterproductive to focusing on Jesus' providing for me. In that, I am very sorry and ashamed. I have really tried to have a humble heart, but have gotten lax and have let prideful feelings creep in. Fortunately for me, Christ is very forgiving!  Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou are made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee. John 5:14
 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: