Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Busy Making Excuses...

Colossians 3: 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

 When my pants would barely zip shut and I was afraid to sit down, I realized it was time to see if I had gained weight. Now, my pants had been tight for some time, but I was too busy making excuses to really focus on how sloppy I had gotten with my food program and my relationship with Christ.

During the loss of 80 pounds, Christ allowed me to see so many different lessons that I seemed to be avoiding, lately. You wouldn't think that would happen when He's allowed the vast majority of my weight to stay off for over 30 years. The thing is, Satan knows my weaknesses and sees when I'm vulnerable and knows just how and when he can work a wedge in my relationship with Jesus. If I weren't so busy making excuses, I might have turned my food, body, and eating over into my Savior's very capable hands as I had 30+ years ago. Instead, I allowed myself to think I can work these issues out on my own. 

The thing is, trying to be in control has been my downfall over the years. It wasn't until I had tried all the diets and finally gave up, saying to God, "If you ever want me to be thin, God, You'll have to do it, because I give up!" You know what? He did and it didn't happen six days, six weeks, or six months later. It started happening that very same day. Christ took away my urge to eat large quantities of food and my desire for sweets and excessive carbs. In the process, He showed me that I had made food a false god and had turned to food for comfort in times of stress, instead of turning to Christ for comfort and reassurance. I regret that I allowed an opportunity for Satan to come between me and my Savior. I know that when I set my affection on Christ above, instead of food, He will take care of this too! Colossians 3: 1 If ye then be risen with Christ, seek those things which are above, where Christ sitteth on the right hand of God. 2 Set your affection on things above, not on things on the earth.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: