Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If I'm a Christian, Do My Actions Show in the Buffet Line?

Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

 So, if I'm to be an example of how the Lord works in me, and I'm pigging out at the Chinese buffet, am I being a good example to my family and others there? If people know I'm a Christian, do my actions show in the buffet line? I know there have been many times when I have raced to get the last of something I really wanted, knowing someone else wanted it too. 

There have been times that I have filled my plate so high that it makes even strangers gawk wondering how I can eat all of that. Somehow, I convinced myself that I would only fill one plate at the buffet, so I really make that plate count. It takes extreme precision and balance to walk back without spilling the mountain of food on my plate.

Similarly, I have found that buffets are a weakness of mine, but I planned some family gatherings a week ago and two of the them were at buffets. Not to mention a trip to the buffet that I arranged this week for the younger ones. Am I walking in faith and purity, if I do things that for one aren't healthy for my body, but also work a wedge in my relationship with Christ? Fortunately for me, Christ has this on my heart, because I need to turn it over to His very capable hands. I need to be a much better example of my faith!  Let no man despise thy youth; but be thou an example of the believers, in word, in conversation, in charity, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: