Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Christ Made Me Strong Through My Weakness

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

All those years I compulsively overate, I was so weak and full of self-loathing. It not only affected me, but it affected my relationship with my family and my relationship with Christ, because I avoided going to church. The thing is, my overeating was such a big weakness in my life, but through that weakness, Christ showed me how He can make me strong and healthy, when I let Him be in control of my life.

It was when I gave up after trying so many diets over the years that it could make your head swim, that I gave up and told God so and said that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't. That day I was so weak and gave up was when God's strength kicked in. He turned my time, attention, and focus on food, weight, and my body to focusing on Him and His guidance in my life. He took the weakness of self-loathing and self-doubt and filled me with the strength of knowledge that God would be there with me through thick and thin.

It has been when I've been beside myself with grief and doubt, Christ has shown His compassion in my life through His forgiving grace. He lets me know that He loves me regardless of my weight and has taught me to love myself, regardless of my weight. He has shown me that I no longer need to beat myself up because of my weaknesses, but remember that He uses these weaknesses to strengthen me and those I come in contact with...especially those who read this blog!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: