Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Although He Is Risen, He's Not Far Away

Matthew 28: 5 And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. 6 He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay.

Sure, Jesus was crucified and arose from the grave. But, is He too far away in heaven to pay attention to our needs? You would think that, but it's not the case. Jesus Christ has been there time and time again, just when I needed Him. He is not so far away that He can't be there for us.

Yes, Christ allowed the loss of 80+ pounds and keeping it off for over 30 years, but He does so much more than that in my life. He is there when I stumble and lose my way with my food or my choices. He is always there quick to forgive me when I ask Him and to aim me in a more positive direction.

He gives me the words to say when I am in a potentially stressful situation when I ask Him for guidance. He makes me a better person and allows me to be more patient of others, when I normally wouldn't have been so. Jesus gave His life for you and me to save us from all our many sins. He has a vested interest in helping us to become the Christians He wants, if we only let Him and not just put our faith in Him on a back shelf for a rainy day when we need Him. 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: