Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

This Is a Tricky One for Me

Mark 11: 23 For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith. 24 Therefore I say unto you, What things soever ye desire when ye pray, believe that ye receive them, and ye shall have them.

This is a tricky one for me. Yes, Jesus took away 80+ pounds and allowed it to stay off for over 30 years. God can do anything! It wasn't because I was such a great Christian, but seems to be more related to turning the control in my life over to God when I told Him that I gave up and that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't and He did.

That was a major turning point in my life, not just because of the weight loss, but because of all the lessons God showed me along the way that I try to apply to my life. Reading the Bible on a daily basis helps, as well, and makes it easier to learn to apply this lessons to your life. 

So, why is this passage so tricky for me? Good question! It's because I feel that some people feel let down when they pray for particular things like cars, jobs, or health for those who are ill and it doesn't go the way they had hoped. In this verse, God isn't promising that we will have whatever we pray for. We just are supposed to believe that He can do whatever we ask and realize that we need to ask if it's His will. The new car or the particular job, may not be what He has intended for us, at the time. It may be that God wants the ill person to join Him in heaven at that time and not suffer any longer. That's even harder to understand when it's a young person who hasn't been ill, but we don't have to understand everything God does. We just have to trust God, Who is gracious, but His will and timing are impeccable, even though we have difficulty understanding, because we are human. Regardless our faith needs to be focused on Him and His ultimate will in these situations!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: