Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sometimes I Sow Sparingly

2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 

Christ has done so much for me, but do I sow bountifully, because I've certainly received bountifully? Unfortunately, I can't honestly say, "Yes." Yes, Christ has allowed an 80+ pound weight loss and kept the vast majority of it off for over 30 years. Yes, Christ has gotten me through so many situations where I was beside myself, but have I always been there for Him? Unfortunately, no!

Sometimes, I get too self-absorbed thinking about what I want, instead of focusing on what Christ wants of me. Sometimes, I tend to think narrowly, but Christ knows all that is possible. I get fearful about trying things out of my comfort zone, but sometimes Christ wants me to be open to taking risks for Him, but do I do it? Sometimes, I say,"No, no. I can't. I'm too afraid." But fortunately for me, Christ is patient and forgiving and will refocus me and remind me that He is all powerful. If He wants me to do something, He can make it happen and He can overcome my fears with His strength!

I want to sow bountifully. I want to be focused on what Christ wants instead of mine. I want to take the risks that He guides me to and trust in His strength amidst my weaknesses. I know that He can overcome my selfish, fearful ways if I let Him. He is God. He can do anything!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: