Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Sometimes It's Hard to Forgive Ourselves, but Christ Is So Very Forgiving

Luke 23:34 Then said Jesus, Father forgive them; for they know not what they do. And they parted His raiment, and cast lots.

Just think, Jesus Christ forgave the very same people who had spit on Him, beat Him, mocked Him, were in the process of crucifying Him and were trying to see who would get Jesus' garments. If He would forgive people doing all of this, don't you think He will forgive us, as well?

Sometimes it's hard for us to forgive ourselves of all we've done, but Christ is so very forgiving. Someone may be saying, "How can Christ forgive me, I've had an abortion or committed adultery, or stolen, or lied, or turned my back on Christ or someone in my life, and the list could go on and on and on. 

The thing is, we no longer have to punish ourselves with food, drugs, alcohol, unhealthy relationships or any other thing to reinforce what terrible people we think we are. In Christ's eyes, we are the ones that He freely gave His life for, because He loves us, imperfections and all. We need to know that all we have to do is tell Him we're sorry for our past and that we love Him and know He loves us even when we find it difficult to love ourselves. He is there for us, but if you have a difficult time believing in all that Jesus offers you, ask Him to give you the willingness to believe in Him, the willingness to trust Him. He will if you ask Him!!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: