Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

If Jesus Can Do This for Me, He Can Do It For You, but You Have to Believe That

Mark 9: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. 24 And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief.

I'm sure that there's some that listen to the miracle Jesus did for me by allowing the loss of 80+ pounds and the vast majority of it staying off for over 30 years and think, "Yeah, sure. It might have happened for her, but it sure isn't going to happen for me."

Well, I'm no body special. I didn't lead the most pious, righteous life and Jesus rewarded me by allowing the weight loss. Actually, I'm just a sinner, like we all are. The miracle happened when I was fed up on trying diet after diet only to gain more weight back afterward. I sat down one day and told God that I was giving up and if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it. And you know what, He did!

That very same day some time after my prayer, Jesus took the urge to eat plate after plate after plate of food away from me. He also took the urge to eat sweets and carbohydrates away. I hadn't planned any of this, Jesus just had it happen. I guess I was shocked at first, then realized that Jesus can do it-He's God and He can do anything and He did! Over the next six months, Christ showed me all types of lessons, but especially how food had become a false god in my life. I had been turning to food to console me when I was stressed, etc. rather than turning to Christ in times of stress. This lesson played a major role in my life. Sure, I slip sometimes, but Jesus is always there encouraging me to turn my focus to Him instead of food, which makes all the difference. Note: this Bible verse says: Mark 9: 23 Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth. You have to trust God to do this and if you feel unsure, at times, ask Him for the willingness to heal your food, body, and eating. He's God and He can do anything!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: