Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Was Not Willing to Put Myself Out There

 2 Corinthians 9:6 But this I say, He which soweth sparingly shall reap also sparingly; and he which soweth bountifully shall reap also bountifully. 

So, God did this major miracle in my life. He allowed the loss of over 80 pounds and for the vast majority of it to stay off for over 30 years! Was I willing to share this with others? Not really. Sometimes, I could tell a very close friend about it, but mainly I watched how I worded things, because I thought someone might think I was a religious fanatic and would back away from me. I let me concerns of their approval interfere with sharing the wonderful things Christ had done in my life.

Not only did He cause the weight loss when I gave up after lots of diets and told God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't, He showed me how food had become a false god in my life. When I was sad or worried, I would eat and eat and eat until I made my stomach so sick from all that I had eaten. I was turning to food to console me instead of turning to my Savior. Once I started putting these worries and concerns in Christ's very capable hands, that gnawing hungry feeling would leave the pit of my stomach only to be replaced by a calm, soothing feeling that Christ gave me instead.

How could I have held back this crucial information from people for so long? I don't have the answers, but feel like I'm being negligent to not share this life changing information. If Christ did this for me, a sinful human being, He can do it for you, too. You just have to be willing to give up and put the control of your food, body, and eating into His very capable hands!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: