Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Found Myself Frantically Wolfing It Down!

In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears. Psalm 18:6

I found myself frantically wolfing down food and reaching for more. Was I hungry? Probably not. I was eating it so fast that I really didn't take time to think about it. I really couldn't be hungry, because of the amount of food I had already eaten, but it felt like I couldn't stop!

I knew I should stop, but I really didn't want to. I knew I should pray, but I really wanted to wolf the food down more and for God to magically make the extra weight go away. After Christ has had His hand in my weight loss of 80+ pounds and allowed me to keep the majority of the weight off for over 30 years, you would think that I wouldn't get so caught up in the food. I know better and know how it can become a false god in our lives with us turning to food in time of stress instead of turning to our Lord, but I fought off that knowledge. It was pure craziness!

In between mouthfuls, I quickly prayed for God to help me and you know what? He did! He was listening even when I was trying not to listen to Him. He was there even though I was ignoring Him, but He didn't ignore me. I feel so sad while I type this, because God doesn't ever give up on me, although I often give up on myself, and sometimes Him. I am so ashamed to say this, but want to be honest with the viewers of this blog, so you can see what miracles God can do in your life. If He can turn my eating around in the midst of the craziness, He can do it for you, too! In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: He heard my voice out of His temple, and my cry came before Him, even into His ears. Psalm 18:6

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: