Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What's That Mean? That Means-

Titus 2: 3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children.

I felt the burden of being overweight for years. But I could feel the weight of my shoulders burdened as I read this. What's that mean?

That means I can't get involved in gossip sessions, because I need to be a good example to others. On the other hand, I can redirect negative conversation to something more appropriate.

That means, I can't go out and do heavy-duty partying with others, because I might be showing them that's a way to deal with their stress. On the other hand, I can tell them I used to like to get together with friends after a stressful week. I can share that when I started turning my stress over to God, He took the stress away and gave an indescribable peace that only Jesus can give.

That means, I can't go around blaming others for everything from the way the country is run to the price of gas. If I blame others, that leads others to let anger and resentment grow in their lives rather than feeling the blessings that only God can give. On the other hand, I can tell them that no matter how high the price of gas gets or who makes our laws, their faith that God will get them through tough financial times is an inspiration to others.  

That means, I can't join in conversations where women are belittling their husbands. It's only a joke anyway, isn't it? The thing is, when we even jokingly put down our husbands, it makes us see our husbands in a less than desirable light. When we are married, we are supposed to be a support to them, not be drawing attention to all their faults. On the other hand, I can tell them that I admire their patience in trying times, because they are a role model to others.

That means, I can't join in with those who are complaining about all they have do around the house for their children, because they feel like taxi drivers instead of independent women. I can't pity those who regret the money they gave up in their former job in order to be there with their children. On the other hand, I can tell them that I'm impressed with them valuing their children's upbringing more than money. Titus 2: 3 The aged women likewise, that they be in behavior as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things; 4 That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.





Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: