Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Hot Under the Collar

Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. Psalm 37:9-9

Christ has the above advice for us within the Bible. Do I always listen to it? Unfortunately, not! I don't get angry often, but there are times where I feel justified in doing so. Does it make matters better? No, although on some level it opens up communication on a topic, generally it's with someone who feels wounded from the interaction. So, is eating over it the answer to being hot under the collar? No, but I've done it more times than I'd like to admit.

I'm less apt to say things I regret, although I may be justified in my anger, at times, if I pray first. I have to ask God to take care of my anger and guide my interactions with that person. He will, if only I'd listen, but there are times when I'm too revved up from feeling justified, I ignore all His guidance. Of course, I always live to regret it, because Christ wouldn't have given me the instincts to hold my tongue if He wanted me to blurt it all out.

I wish I could tell you that I no longer do this, but when I find this emotion sneaking up on me, I try to find a quiet spot to pray and ask for God's guidance in this situation and for Him to give me the willingness to listen to Him. Cease from anger, and forsake wrath: fret not thyself in any wise to do evil. For evildoers shall be cut off: but those that wait upon the LORD, they shall inherit the earth. Psalm 37:9-9

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: