Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

I Was Talking About My Boss Behind His Back-

Hebrews 10: 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Somehow, when having been overweight for so many years, I think I felt better when I could put other people down. It's not that I did this often, but I still was party to talking about others behind their backs, at times.

This one time, it caught up with me! I was talking to a fellow teacher after school about something or other. During the conversation, I made a negative comment about the principal. As I elaborated on this, I looked at the doorway, lo and behold, it was the principal!!! I never did know if he heard the negative things I was saying, but I knew. God let me know that I wasn't being a good example of how He works in my life.

It's sad that we feel compelled to do things to belittle others to bolster our sagging self-esteem. Fortunately for me, God has healed this and He forgives me, although Satan still tries to sneak in and work this subtle wedge in my relationship with God, at times. Hebrews 10: 16 This is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put My laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them; 17 And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse.

These Are Other Blogs I Felt Led to Write:



Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: