Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Letting Those Spiteful Feelings Eat at Me-

James 19: Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Now that I was thin, I had a right to be angry with those who were rude to me when I was heavy...or did I? I thought that after all the smirks, all the times of being ignored, all the times of standing alone in a crowd of people, I was certainly justified in my anger of those involved.

Maybe it's understandable, but it's definitely not justified. It's sad the way I let that anger build up all those years that I was overweight. In my opinion, anger erodes at the positive nature that God has within us. It eats at us and fills us with negative, spiteful feelings. I was no longer overeating, but I was letting those spiteful feelings eat at me.

I was finally thin. You would think I would be happier, but I wasn't. It seemed that I had a chip on my shoulders and anger was smouldering inside of me. Once I realized the role that anger was playing in my life, I could turn it over to God's capable and healing hands. Of course, that invovled forgiving those who had not been sensitive to me when I was heavy, but God can give us a forgiving nature, when we let Him. James 19: Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath: 20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousness of God.

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.


Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: