Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Every Good Gift Comes from God-

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

After about six months or so, I am only a couple of pounds away from my goal weight. That means God has allowed me to lose almost all of the extra weight I had gained from being sloppy with my eating and with my relationship with God.

God has blessed me twice with weight loss. The first time, God had me lose over 80 pounds. I have had so many people say things like, "No, God couldn't do it without you. You are the one that...." They are wrong. I didn't do a single thing. I got fed up with trying diet after diet for so many years, to no avail. Sure, I'd lose a couple of pounds, but I would always gain back even more weight and my self-esteem would be even lower than before I had lost those few pounds.

As I said, Over 30 years ago, I gave up and told God that if He ever wanted me to be thin, He'd have to take care of it, because I couldn't do it any more. The funny thing is, I never even expected God to do it when I said that. I was just giving up! The miracle in all of this is that God had me lose the weight and things changed that very day without me suspecting that I was in the midst of this major miracle. Now, this may not seem like a major miracle to some, but if you've been overweight for most of your life, struggling to lose it through diet after diet, and all of a sudden the weight starts coming off, and eating large quantities of food doesn't appeal to you any more-it's a pretty significant miracle!

In the last few years that weight had started creeping back on. I realized that meant that I had been taking the miracle that God did for me for granted. I was being sloppy with both my eating and my relationship with God. During this time that I have been writing blog posts for Christian Overeaters Past and Present Blog, it has been a source of reminding me of all that God does for me on a daily basis. It reminds me that I have to turn my worries, concerns, joys, control, and food over to God's very capable hands and He will free me from these.

My fear was that when I lost the extra weight, my readers might not continue to relate to me. The thing that I found through this blog is that the name is very appropriate, because I need to continue to turn these same things over to God on a daily basis. It doesn't mean that once the weight is off, I say thanks God, and go off on my merry way. I want God to be an on-going part of my daily life, whether I'm overweight or thin. I would hope that readers like you can still relate to my blog, despite the weight loss. I think that the Community of Faith, even if it's focused on weight loss and our relationship with God, is a powerful thing in our lives! Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning. James 1:17

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.





Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: