Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Exactly What Have I Given Up for God?-

For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

This is pretty significant when you think of it. Jesus gave up all He had and lived a life of poverty just for me. So, exactly what have I given up for God?

I used to be an overeater and I have given up the compulsion to overeat. Now, have I really given up something or was this a blessing that God gave me when I turned my overeating over to His very capable hands?

I have given up my anger and am much less negative.  Now, have I really given up something or was this a blessing that God gave me when I turned my my anger over to His very capable hands?

I have given up my need to control.  Now, have I really given up something or was this a blessing that God gave me when I turned my need to control over to His very capable hands?

I have given up my my stress.  Now, have I really given up something or was this a blessing that God gave me when I turned my worry over to His very capable hands?

I have given up my concern about money.  Now, have I really given up something or was this a blessing that God gave me when I turned my concern about money to His very capable hands?

If you think of it, I really haven't given up anything and have been blessed beyond measure. For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich. 2 Corinthians 8:9

Since this is an example of the positive influence God has made on my overeating, this may not reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verses.





Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: