Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Going Through All the Motions of Being a Good Christian When I'm the One I Need to Be Saved From

I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. Psalm 18:3

I really hate sharing this, because I'm humiliated that I ever acted this way, but need to be honest with viewers. About 15 years ago, we had movers who unpacked all our belongings after a long move to our newest location. I was courteous to them, made them lunch, gave them water, and a tip. Wasn't that very magnanimous of me to help out these hard working men who looked like they hadn't had a decent meal in weeks?

No! You're right, I did say No! O.K. Here goes... When these men left, or so I thought, I had a conversation with my husband about them. I made negative comments about their looks and made assumptions of previous life-style choices they may or may not have made in their lives.

God loves me very much, because He cared enough about me to teach me a lesson! A few minutes after making these negative comments to my husband, there was a knock on my basement door where my husband and I were unpacking boxes. It was the lead mover, who was not a happy camper and why would he be? I had gone through all the motions of being a good Christian, but my words showed otherwise. He was gracious and said nothing to me about these negative comments, but I could tell by the look in his eyes that he had heard. What's more than that, God heard these ugly and judgmental comments come out of my mouth.

When I remembered this terrible experience recently, that I would rather push to the darkest recesses of my mind, I felt guilty all over again. I could have been drawn to eat over that guilt that happens periodically, especially when I see the same type of moving van. I need to continue to be prayerful that God heals the ugliness that can creep up inside me, so that all my actions and words are aligned with God's will for me! I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved from mine enemies. Psalm 18:3

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: