Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Blaming Everything for My Eating

1 Thessalonians 3:12 And the Lord make you to increase and abound in love one toward another, and toward all men, even as we do toward you: 13To the end He may stablish your hearts unblameable in holiness before God, even our Father, at the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ with all His saints.

I recently told someone else that they were a blamer, blaming everyone and everything for situations in their life. For awhile, I've realized that I weigh more than I'd like. I'm about 20 pounds over my ideal weight, but I've been this weight off and on over the last few years and it hasn't bothered me. At least, I don't think it has.

After I broke my heel, it seems that sometimes my opposite hip bothers me and sometimes my knee. I read somewhere that if we lost just 10 pounds it would take a lot of pressure off of our joints and we would have less hip and/or knee pain.  Thinking about this, I realized that losing 10 pounds is a reasonable amount to lose. It's been a month or two now, but there's not been much difference in my weight, even though I'm walking about a mile most days. I don't like to exercise on Sundays, because it's the Lord's Day of rest.

I'm really walking to develop my gait, not really for losing weight, but I somehow thought it would help...and maybe it is. I'm unsure. My clothes seem to fit me about the same and are all somewhat snug in the waist and the arms. What I find when I'm aware of these things is that I'm blaming. It's because I've been too busy. It's because of the weather. It's because someone has been sick. It's because we had to go out to eat. It's because..... and the list goes on.

The thing is, I'm blaming everything for my eating and I'm not doing what I know to do. I know that the only thing that works for me is to pray and ask God to take over my food, body, eating and stress as He alone can do. I can't do it, although I tried then and now. It's so sad that I would slip back into that same old pattern, thinking I could fix my weight problem, but Christ can when I turn it over to His very capable hands. I have to stop blaming things, situations, and others and turn to Christ. 

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: