Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Walking in the Dark

1 John 2:11 But he that hateth his brother is in darkness, and walketh in darkness, and knoweth not wither he goeth, because that darkness hath blinded his eyes.

For so many years I thought I had a strong faith in God, but I was walking in the dark. I hated, maybe hated is too strong, I disliked people who were thin and seemed to have lots of friends. Somehow, I convinced myself that they were not nice people inside and I didn't want to have much to do with them. (My loss!) Just think of all the positive friendships I probably missed out on!

Again, I was walking in the dark. It wasn't until I found out that I was making food a false god in my life and was turning to it for comfort in times of stress, etc. instead of to Christ to comfort me, that my life changed dramatically. It's one of the many lessons that God had for me in that period of time. When I told God that I gave up and couldn't loose the weight and if He ever wanted me to be think, He'd have to do it, because I couldn't, He showed me how powerful He really is. Now, I always knew God was powerful, but it was in some type of distant Biblical way. I hadn't realized how personally involved He is in each and everyone of our lives.

It was at the point that I gave up that Christ kicked in and had me immediately lose all interest in great amounts of food and desserts and other dishes I had craved. It's nothing that I had done different that day except for giving up. If the truth be told, I wasn't really expecting that God would do anything, because I had asked Him for years to help Me lose the weight, Help Me... I hadn't really asked Him to take care of everything, by giving up my control and turning it over to His very capable hands. Once I did that, Christ allowed me to lose over 80 pounds and to keep off the vast majority of that weight for over 30 years. If He can do it for me, He can most certainly do it for you, if you give up the control and turn it over to Him! 

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: