Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Letting Weakness Turn to Strength

2 Corinthians 12:9 And He said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for My strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 10 Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in necessities, in persecutions, in distresses for Christ’s sake: for when I am weak, then am I strong.

There are times where I feel so weak and vulnerable to getting sucked in to all the vices that Satan loves to dangle in front of me. He loves to dangle delicious looking foods in front of me, especially when I'm stressed or my self-esteem is low. The thing is, if I give into that temptation, I'm falling right into Satan's hands and I'm making food a false god to comfort me instead of turning my concerns over into Christ's capable hands. 

Sure, this isn't the only vice that I fall prey to. It's all too easy for me to get impatient with others. Oh, no. That's not all of them. I get involved with technology or TV when I should be focusing on something I should be doing or to someone who is trying to talk to me. I'm not as appreciative of all Christ has given me. I am too willing to get caught up in gossip or other unproductive conversation. I'm also too quick to beat myself up over situations and feeling depressed rather than turning them over to God. 

I don't have to let Satan suck me in and have this power over me. When I turn any of these issues or the millions of other shortcomings I might have over to Jesus, He comforts me and shows me that He is exactly what I needed to refocus. After finding this out, I would get upset with myself when I forgot to turn these things over to Christ. This Bible Passage shows me that Christ has used my many shortcomings, vices and insecurities to have a better realization of how He works in my life. So, when I fall or feel like I'm starting to fall, I now know that Christ can take my weaknesses and make me strong through Him, if I only let Him.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: