Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

What Do I Give Up for Christ?

2 Corinthians 8:9 For ye know the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, that, though He was rich, yet for your sakes He became poor, that ye through His poverty might be rich.

This Bible passage really makes me think. Christ had everything in heaven He could want, but gave it all up for us. He became poor and suffered being mocked, betrayed and was crucified and arose from the dead, so we could share in a rich eternal life in Heaven with Him some day. 

If Christ gave all of that up for me, what do I give up for Christ? Do I give a generous amount of my clothes and belongings to the poor on His behalf or do I just give the things that I don't really want anymore? Do I give up my cell phone or do I want to do one more text, first? Do I give up that dinner out that I think I so rightfully deserve when the money could be given to the less fortunate?  Do I give up watching those shows that use His name in vain and have less than strong moral values, because they're funny and my friends like to watch them, too? Do I give up time on my computer, so that I can read the Bible each day?

As you can see, I haven't given up much that truly matters, but He gave up everything, including His dignity for us. He was willing to let the guards taunt Him and spit on Him, all because He was willing to give up everything for our sake.  It's a lot to be prayerful about. I need to be more willing to make Christ a priority, because He made you and me a priority!!!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: