Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Still Tempted?

Ephesians 6: 16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. 17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.

In that Christ has allowed a weight loss of over 80 pounds and the for the vast majority of that weight to stay off for over 30 years, am I still tempted? Of course! That's how Satan tries to subtly trip Christians up.


Sure, there are times where I still feel like I want to eat the doorknobs off. That's my term for feeling am all-consuming hunger. Fortunately for me, Christ has shown me that when I turn to food for comfort to these times, I'm turning to a false god, instead of turning to Him. When I've turned to Him in these times, He shows me that I generally have something that I haven't realized that's stressing me. Once I turning it over into Christ's very capable hands, He helps me deal with the stress. 

Even if I back-track and get sucked into the old pattern of eating when I have that feeling, Christ has shown me that as soon as I realize I'm slipping down a slippery slope, I can immediately turn it over and Christ calms me and turns that pattern around almost as fast as I turn to Him. Reading the Bible daily, helps me to be more grounded in all Christ has done and continues to do for me on a daily basis. 
Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: