Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Will Christ Forgive Me For Turning to Food Instead of Him for All Those Years?

Colossians 1:14 In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.

There was a time where I wondered if Christ would forgive me for turning to food instead of Him all those years? This was after He had shown me that food and trying to be thin had become a false god in my life. I was turning to food for comfort in times of stress, etc. instead of turning to Him for comfort. 

It was so upsetting to realize that I had been doing this all those years. I should clarify. I wasn't oblivious that I ate enormous amounts of food, but I never really felt satisfied. I didn't realize it was because I was using it to comfort me instead of turning to Christ with my stress. Actually, for a long time, I didn't even realize that I was stressed/worried when I ate all that food. I guess I just wanted the food to make me feel all better and I avoided dealing with what was bothering me.

It wasn't until Christ showed me this, that I started turning to Him when I had that gnawing, hungry feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. Almost every time I did this, it turned out that I was stressed or worried about something, although I hadn't realized it. I, also, found out that after I prayerfully turned those issues over to Christ's very capable hands, I no longer had the gnawing, hungry feeling deep in the pit of my stomach. In fact, I felt calm, knowing the issue I was concerned about was in Christ's hands. So, that brings us to the question. Will Christ forgive me for turning to food instead of to Him all those years?  In whom we have redemption through His blood, even the forgiveness of sins.Colossians 1:14 tells me that He forgives me for this and so many other sins, as long as I believe in Him as my Savior. He'll do the same for you, if you'll let Him!

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: