Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Letting Rude Comments Slip

1 Corinthians 15:33 Be not deceived: evil communications corrupt good manners.

I hate to admit this, but I have let rude comments slip more times than I'd like to admit. Afterward, feeling guilty for doing this, I used to eat, punishing myself for being insensitive to other people's feelings. Now, I wouldn't say that this is something I do commonly. I pride myself in being a sensitive, caring, human being. That's why I'm so overwhelmed when I do say something that hurts others.

I remember there was a time when I tended to join in with others who were talking about someone else. It made me feel like part of the crowd, but at what cost? Is my self-esteem or the self-esteem of the person talked about worth the few seconds of belonging that I received?

I truly know how terrible I've felt when I thought others were talking about me. That alone should make me more sensitive to respecting others through my conversation. It's difficult, at times, though, because just standing there while others say negative things about someone else is just as bad. It gives the appearance that we condone what they are saying and doing. I'm trying not to get into conversations like this in the first place which is the easiest way to handle it. If I do get in the midst of a conversation on that order, I need to say a brief prayer asking Jesus how I should respond. I'm trying to be better about saying, "I really don't like talking about other people," but I'm not as outspoken on the topic as I would like to be.

Because these posts are examples of how I've applied these Bible verses to my life, they don't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the Bible verse. Debbie

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: