Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

A Big Problem, Only Christ Knows the Answers

1 John 4: 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

I have spent a lot of my life eating when I got stressed over issues rather than turn them over to Christ. Now, I've got a big, BIG problem and don't want to revert to my old ways of handling things.

I have two friends who aren't Christian. Fortunately for me, they allow me to interject about my faith as I normally do. I had a suspicion for some they weren't Christian, because of their ethnicity, but there are Christians of all ethnicities. The thing is, I don't really know what to do now that I realize the truth.

Younger kids in the family will tell me that the kids in their groups are Christian. So, these younger ones who weren't encouraged to do so, are embracing having conversations with peers about their faith. Other than my normal interjections, I've been reluctant to openly address my faith, although there's no doubt they know what it is. 

I know there have been people of other faiths who have become Christian, but I'm reluctant to invite them to church or to discuss my faith, because I don't want to offend them or anger them. I think I also don't want to lose their friendship. I have to continue to be prayerful on this one. 1 John 4: 14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the son to be the Savior of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: