Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Just Constipated???

But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7 

I knew that my pants had been getting tighter, but long before I came to the conclusion I had been sloppy with my eating program, I figured that I was just constipated. I tried eating some things that generally loosen me up, like cherries and prune juice. They helped some, but didn't do the trick. I still felt bloated and thought I was constipated.

I ended up using a laxative, since the other things didn't work to my satisfaction. Actually, I had been constipated, but that's not why my pants didn't fit. I found they were still too tight after all that, so I took note. Now, was I willing to admit that I had been sloppy with my eating program and my relationship with Christ at that point? No, I was still looking for other causes for my pants being too tight.

It was about a week later, when I was finally listening what Christ had been showing me all along. I was taking larger sized portions and adding extra carbs to my regular routine. If you do that long enough, it's got to take a toll on your body. The saddest part of all of this is that when I was doing all of this, it means I wasn't aligned with my relationship with Christ and I was just going through the motions. I regret taking that relationship for granted-something I value more than all else!!! I wasn't walking in the light, but have asked His forgiveness!  But if we walk in the light, as He is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1:7

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: