Since I have used this Bible passage as an example of how the Lord God has positively influenced my overeating, this doesn't necessarily reflect the whole meaning of the verse. Debbie

COE Support Note:

If you REALLY want to read how Christ helped me throughout this weight loss and even when I was tempted, you should read some of the 100's of previous posts on https://christianovereaterssupport.blogspot.com/

Am I Afraid I Won't Lose the Weight I've Gained?

Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14: 27

Am I afraid that I won't lose the weight that I've gained? Well, maybe yes and maybe no. I can't take for granted what Christ had done for me 30+ years ago and just assume that He will have me lose the weight. 

With that said, when I gave up control in my weight loss journey 30+ years ago and turned it over to Christ's very capable hands, He had me lose 80 pounds. The vast majority of it had stayed off for over 30 years, except for about 10 pounds I've been toying with. Unfortunately, with getting sloppy with my food program and my relationship with Christ, I've gained an additional 13 pounds, making it 23 pounds I've gained back.

Was Christ turning His back on me when He let me gain that weight back? Actually, He was helping me to refocus on Him, because I had been turning my back on Him, by taking Him for granted. Although I'm not guaranteed to lose the 23 pounds I gained back, the bigger loss by far, would be to lose the relationship with my Savior that I truly value, far more than a smaller pant size. Peace I leave with you, My peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. John 14: 27

Links to Other Blogs I Felt Led to Create Below: